Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Happy St. Patrick's Day
When we were at the store on Saturday, Mike saw corned beef, and had a great idea: That on Sunday, when our family was coming over for dinner, that we would celebrate St. Patrick's Day. We would have everybody wear green, and eat corned beef and cabbage. Well I took it a bit further and kind of went all out for it. I decided to get balloons and decorations. I looked up recipes and traditions for this holiday. I learned a thing or two, like who was St. Patrick and why he was important (if you don't know the story, look it up) I made traditional Irish soda bread, and Irish soda cake, which I thought were pretty good, since it was my first time making them. I also made a cake, that had surprises inside (that is why the green ribbon is sticking out of the cake) The kids each pulled one out to see what their surprise was, which were rings and gold and silver coins. The kids had fun with that. Then we sang Happy Birthday to Jefferson and Grandpa, and let them blow out their candles on the cake. Happy Birthday! and Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I miss you guys!!!!!
finally updating my blog!!!
luv you!
Post a Comment