Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Our Las Vegas Trip


To celebrate our 12-year wedding anniversary! Lots of filth in Vegas, but nice to get away just the 2 of us. We went to Phantom of the Opera, very cool special effects. I should of watched the movie first. I didn't realize that they sing everything, so most of the time we weren't sure what was going on. But worth going to, for sure. My favorite place to eat was the 50's diner. I told Mike we have to go there, I have always wanted to live in the 50's, wear poodle skirts, have a chocolate shake at a diner, and enjoy the fun music (had to add the 50's music on here, it's my new favorite). We went to the Hoover Dam and took a tour.
Well it is hard to believe it has been 12 years, though we have been together for 15. If you don't know the story of us, here it is. We met when I was a Junior and Mike a senior (1993). My friend Robyn worked with him at Wendy's, and had a crush on him, but she had a boyfriend and since my boyfriend had just broke up with me, she decided to hook us up. We first met at Davis High school's parking lot, I thought he was cute, but was still very heartbroken over the last boyfriend, so I wasn't sure about going out with anybody else, ever! But we did. On our first date, he took me to KFC and to the Laser light show in Salt Lake City (which he surprised me for our 10 year anniversary and duplicated our 1st date). We went to most of the proms and dances even after he graduated. I broke his heart 3 times though, breaking up with him. But it took that third time to realize what a great guy he was and how much he loved me. The night he proposed to me (January 1996), he took me to dinner in Salt Lake city and then drove me up to the Bountiful Temple, where you can look down below and see the valley. And then he said something like this, "out of all those people down there would I marry him", and then took out the ring. I was so surprised, I was not expecting that at all, and couldn't speak, but of course I said yes. and the rest is history. Thank you Michael Paul Duryea for loving me so much, and always showing it!

2 comments:

G and G (Victor/ Cindy) said...

Isn't it amazing to see so many different things in one city..... paris, venice, new york, egypt, lions, fish - etc. - Glad you had a good time...... You never told me if you went to the gym in the hotel?????

Jamie said...

I love this story! Mike and family your blog is great! You guys have a beautiful family. Can't wait to follow it and see what you are all up to next!!