Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Halloween, Jenna's Birthday, and Dallin's Baptism


On Halloween we went to a reptile show where Kaitlyn held a 14 foot snake (with other kids). It was huge and she wasn't even scared She is so brave! The kids have been eating so much candy that I was about ready to throw it all out. But then I heard an idea that was brilliant. I pay them to give me all their candy, and then put it all in a bowl which I use for rewards, like doing morning chores, and extra chores (if they want more candy). Which works great for Jenna, because she does not like doing chores, but she sure loves candy. So now I can get her to do chores, she will do almost anything for a piece of candy.
For Jenna's birthday, she wanted only toys that usually just boys would want, a remote control truck, and a shooter gun, and she wanted to go to Chuck-e-cheeses, which just opened up in Layton. It was so busy there that we almost couldn't find anywhere to sit, but the kids had a lot of fun playing games.
Dallin was baptized on Jenna's birthday. That was a really special day for him. He was on cloud nine for a couple days. His church teacher even said she could tell he had just been baptized because he was glowing. He was so excited to get his own set of scriptures with his name on them. He has been reading them everyday (with Uncle Brian's encouragement, so thank you) . What a great kid he is, he sure has changed a lot in the last year or so. I couldn't of asked for better kids. I have had a few parents of their classmates say how much their kids (siblings are in both Kaitlyn and Dallin's class) talk about Kaitlyn and Dallin, and how much they really like them, and to be around them. Now, that makes me feel great as a mom! Thanks to all of you who have been a part of our lives, who have helped shape my children into who they are and who they will become.

2 comments:

G and G (Victor/ Cindy) said...

What a very special day that was.... Jenna's b'day and Dallin's baptism all on Gramps V's bday. Thank you for being so special in our lives.... you make our hearts full. We love you all
G & G

Dad said...

They are great kids and keep up the reading Dallin! That is awesome. You should challenge Kaitlyn to get in on it. I have lots of candy here so if Jenna wants more I also have lots of chores available:)