Pages

Friday, August 15, 2008

Wonderful world of honey

Okay, so last night I went to our Stake, honey and wheat food storage class. Learned lots of good info, and thought I would share. Here is some websites that relate too. Honey stores indefinetly, it will cystallize, but just heat it up (though not in microwave) and it is good to go. Raw honey has many good health benefits, medicinal benefits, but it has to be raw honey. Honey sold at wal-mart and such is heated up, made to look better, more appealing, but does not have the health benefits as does raw honey. Our stake is taking orders for raw honey, which is at a great price, $22.00 for a gallon. If you want some let me know. Great for food storage.

http://live.psu.edu/story/27584
http://beprepared.com/article.asp?ai=81&name=The%20Natural%20Sweetness%20Of%20Honey&bhcd2=1218791833

1 comment:

G and G (Victor/ Cindy) said...

That's good to know. And I know that we should use honey instead of sugar - better for us all around. Thanks for the info Jess - you are so smart and wise about things. Thanks for sharing.