This is the dragon fruit we bought at a street side market on the way to Okuma (1 1/2 hour drive). We got 2 of them for 350 Yen ($4). We origanally picked out 1 big one for 500 yen, and the ladies at the market "I think" talked us into buying this package deal with two smaller ones and with these small limes to go with them. She "signed" and told us to squeeze the lime juice over the fruit. We saved 150 Yen so I think they helped us out? They seemed happy.
We were happy to cut into it when we got home and taste this amazing looking fruit. As you can see it is pink inside, it can also be white. It has the texture of a kiwi, and tastes like kiwi and a pear mixed. And with lime juice on top, it gave it a zing. It was yummy!!
The kids couldn't wait to try it. They all like it a lot. But with 6 of us, it did not last long. We all got about 1 bite of it. I am going to save the last one for me when they go to bed.
Can you see the black seeds in it, just like a kiwi.

1 comment:
Hey! We tried a dragon fruit here a few weeks ago with Katie! That is crazy! I wish we had heard about the lime. The consensus was, it tasted like pear but was textured and looked kind of like kiwi. Now we know where it came from!
Post a Comment