Pages

Monday, January 26, 2009

My Story of Finding my biological Father, Walt.



Well January 8, 2009 was no ordinary day, though it started out that way. But first I need to go back about 34 years ago, to Saturday, June 15, 1974. That was the wedding day of Judy Anne to Walter Beall in Clearfield, Utah. They later moved to California, but that is where their marriage ended after being married just over a year. My mom headed back to Utah to her family, but unknown to her and Walt was that she was pregnant with their firstborn child.
I (Jessica Nicole) was born June 9, 1976 at McKay Dee Hospital in Ogden, UT. My biological father came to see me when I was 6 months old, but that was the last time he saw me.

Life went on, and my mom remarried on January 2, 1981 to Greg when I was 4 years old. My dad's (Greg) job was transferring him to England, so he sent legal forms to Walt, so he could adopt me and take me out of the country.

When I was about 9 years old, my mom told me about my biological father, Walt. She showed me pictures of him and shared what had happened. As I got older, and as each year passed, I had desires to know about him (Walt). I started carrying his picture around in my wallet, and would share my story and his picture with my friends. But over the years I did knot know if he ever thought of me or if he told his family about me. I always had a desire to find and meet him, but not if he didn't want to.

About 10 years ago, my parents said they would support me if I wanted to try and find my biological father. So I went on the internet and searched his name. Well about 2 pages of names came up with his same name. So I started at the top and called almost every one of them. But unfortunately not one of them was him. I was hoping at least one would be related to him, but no luck there either. So I put if off and decided it probably wasn't the right time.
A couple years later I did a search for him on reunion.com and put my information on there. Though still no luck. My adopted Dad has always been very supportive on this, and did his own searches as well.

Well on Jan 6, 2009 me, Mike, and the kids went out to dinner with my parents for Kaitlyns 11th birthday. While there, my dad (Greg) asked me if I wanted to meet my biological father. I said I did, but not if he didn't want to meet me. Well then my dad said that he was pretty sure that he found him, and saw pictures of him and his kids. So that meant that I had other 1/2 brothers and sisters. I was getting really excited, but scared at the same time. I didn't know if he wanted to be contacted, and wasn't sure if we should. My dad said he would send me the info on him the next day. So on Wed (Jan 7), I got the info and looked him up, and there he was with a picture of him and a bio on him. There were also pictures of him when he was younger with his children when they were little. Then I went to MySpace.com and typed in his name. I thought I was going to pull up his sons myspace page, but to my surprise it was my dad's (Walt), and the first thing I see on there is a heading that says "Who'd I like to meet" and to my surprise it said "Jessica, my daughter, who I think I found in Utah" I couldn't believe it, I about jumped out of my chair (oh wait, I did!) I could hardly hold my excitement in. I called my dad (Greg) right away and told him what I found. He was surprised too. I asked him if he thought I should contact him, he said to wait, as he would try and get more info, and try to contact him first.
But I was so anxious; this was the first time that I knew he did want to find me. Every minute seemed like an eternity waiting and wondering. My dad (Greg) got contact information for one of his daughters, and he sent an email to Walt.
So, here we are back to the first of the story on January 8, 2009. My dad (Greg) called my sister Sharon in Nevada and go some info. Afterwards, I called her and I got to find out a little about her, my biological father, and hear some family stories. That was great. Then after I got off the phone with her, my dad (Greg) called me and said that they had just got off the phone with my biological father, even my mom talked to him. I almost couldn't believe all this was happening. My excitement was through the roof! My dad (Greg) said I should call him and that he was excited to talk to me. I decided I would call him, even though I was afraid it might be awkward. But it wasn't at all. It was so great to talk to him and hear his voice for the first time. I felt an instant connection to him. I could hear the excitement in his voice, and that made me feel great. I could hardly hold my excitement in as well. I was so happy to hear him say that he had been looking for me. I found out he went on reunion.com and he saw someone was looking for him. He found out it was me. He tried to email me, but my subscription to that website had expired. So then he tried to look up our mailing address. He wrote a letter to my husband on December 9, 2008. Which described who he was, and that he had a daughter named Jessica that he was trying to find. Unfortunately, it was our wrong address, and we never received the letter. It returned back to him the weekend of December 20, 2008.
At the end of our conversation, he said "I love you". I was not expecting that at all, but it made my heart swell with joy. When we hung up, I couldn't have been any happier, and I started crying when I told my daughter and husband that he told me he loved me.
This has brought so much joy to me, and I definitely feel more complete now. And to know that I have two 2 more brothers and two sisters now, makes it that much greater. I did get to talk to Nichole, my sister in Pennsylvania the next day. Now I am hoping one day we will all get to meet.
I owe so much to my dad (Greg) for his support and his efforts to make this happen. I am so blessed to have 2 great dads, and to know that they love me.
Now when I share my story with other people they are touched by it, and are moved to tears.
I have been praying for this day for so long, and now I have another witness that prayers are answered.

7 comments:

Walter W. Beall said...

Jessica, I couldn't help but stop and cry many times before I finished reading your story.
I Love You! Dad (Walt)

Krista said...

oh Jessica- that's so exciting! I'm so happy for you! Thanks for sharing your story.

G and G (Victor/ Cindy) said...

Jessica - what a beautiful story - and I know and can see in your face how happy you are about this whole situation. You are greatly loved by MANY family member - you have such a sweet soul. You are so right that prayers do get answered, we just have to wait until it's the right time - and the Lord knows when. ((hugs)) and love you tonz ~ Thanks for being such a special daughter in my life.

Katie said...

oh Jess - I love your story and how you shared. You brought both Rylie and I to tears of happy!! You ARE an amazing person, with a sweet soul and the people who know you are blessed because of it!!!

Katie said...

oh Jess - I love your story and how you shared. You brought both Rylie and I to tears of happy!! You ARE an amazing person, with a sweet soul and the people who know you are blessed because of it!!!

Tara said...

Jessica! That is awesome! I enjoyed reading your story... today and a couple weeks ago :) and yes both times I had tears in my eyes! I'm so happy for you!!

Gilas Family said...

Jess! What a fantastic story! I am so happy for you!!