Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Paver project for patio
Here is my first attempt at laying pavers, this is a project I have been working on for about a year, and finally finished it a month or two ago and thought it would be nice to blog it. Last summer I put in the retaining wall and started some of the pavers, and did most of the pavers this spring. I had to redo the pavers against the house as you can see because I forgot to tighten a clamp on the new sprinkler system and the sprinkler head blew off and washed away the sand and the pavers collapsed. But in the end it turned out great, but I would probably not do it again. I took about a thousand trips to the home depot, each time getting a couple hundred pavers thinking this ought to do it and sure enough not even close! I lost count at about 6 or 7 hundred but I think it was close to 900 pavers. I think in the future I might build some sort of gazebo over it if I can do it without making it look dumb.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
it looks great!!! I think you did a very nice job ~ I've got some neighbors that have built a gazebo, I'll have to look at theirs and then give you some ideas. One lady paid for one that she said was well worth it - not too expensive. GREAT JOB! (where's the firepit?)
Post a Comment